“I couldn’t help it. I happen to have been born to do it.

I am sure that I would have been a rotten failure doing anything else.”


~ Ends Of The Earth ~


Sunday, July 24, 2011

J. McKenzie Young ~ Shocking, Shell Shocking Indeed


Watertown, New York, Daily News.  December 22, 1923

I found this newspaper article this morning while searching the excellent site:  Fulton History,  operated by Thomas M. Tryniski.

Obviously yet another version of Mac's story, involving Shell Shock, or what is in modern parlance referred to as Post Traumatic Stress Disorder.  Not to make light of Shell Shock, but I find it hard to believe that the Northwest Mounted Police would have taken Mac in if he was so disoriented.  In addition, his United States Marine Corps file shows that on application to the force Mac knew exactly who his parents were and where they were living.

Truly, fact is stranger than fiction.